Friday 26 December 2008

Photographic interlude

I must be pining for Blood & Custard because something possessed me to post a selection of pictures of the most delightful German post-War locomotive in its delightful crimson and cream livery.



The livery was also used on TEE (Trans Europ Express) services, and an entire rake of crimson and cream carriages looked impressive indeed.



The livery works particularly well on the grey and rainy days which so frequently afflict those of us in the drabber parts of northern Europe.



To me, it continues to look fresh and clean -- a striking contrast to the hideously over-egged liveries that have infected the majority of privatised British railways.


Then again, maybe I am just missing Blood & Custard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like both your blogs but normal in Norfolk is sexier.